We are finally back with our hand lettering interview series after quite some time!
Lately we have been heavily focused on creating the educational content – tutorials, reviews, tips, and it’s quite challenging to keep up with everything (feel free to share some organizational tips! :D)
Today we are happy to share with you our latest interview with a truly exceptional and hard working artist – Colin Tierney.
Without any further delays and spoilers – enjoy the interview!
- Logo, Font & Lettering Bible
- Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy: A Step-by-Step Manual
- Brush Lettering: An Instructional Manual Of Western Brush Lettering
- Lettering & Type: Creating Letters and Designing Typefaces
- Logotypes & Letterforms: Handlettered Logotypes and Typographic Considerations
- Fonts & Logos: Font Analysis, Logotype Design, Typography, Type Comparison
- Dangerous Curves: Mastering Logotype Design
- Claire Coullon—my mentor and reason for where I am today when it comes to lettering.
- Matt Vergotis—a lefty calligrapher and lettering artist who makes writing look effortless.
- Natalie Downey—an up-and-coming calligraphy who I like to call a ninja wizard. Natalie’s fragmented approach in calligraphy is something amazing to witness.
- Sergey Shapiro—one of the first lettering artists who inspired me to take the leap into the lettering game.
- Simon Walker—a pure artisan when it comes to vintage letterforms. Simon’s work is extremely easy on the eyes.