We are finally back with our hand lettering interview series after quite some time!
Lately we have been heavily focused on creating the educational content – tutorials, reviews, tips, and it’s quite challenging to keep up with everything (feel free to share some organizational tips! :D)
Today we are happy to share with you our latest interview with a truly exceptional and hard working artist – Colin Tierney.
Without any further delays and spoilers – enjoy the interview!
- Logo, Font & Lettering Bible
- Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy: A Step-by-Step Manual
- Brush Lettering: An Instructional Manual Of Western Brush Lettering
- Lettering & Type: Creating Letters and Designing Typefaces
- Logotypes & Letterforms: Handlettered Logotypes and Typographic Considerations
- Fonts & Logos: Font Analysis, Logotype Design, Typography, Type Comparison
- Dangerous Curves: Mastering Logotype Design
- Claire Coullon—my mentor and reason for where I am today when it comes to lettering.
- Matt Vergotis—a lefty calligrapher and lettering artist who makes writing look effortless.
- Natalie Downey—an up-and-coming calligraphy who I like to call a ninja wizard. Natalie’s fragmented approach in calligraphy is something amazing to witness.
- Sergey Shapiro—one of the first lettering artists who inspired me to take the leap into the lettering game.
- Simon Walker—a pure artisan when it comes to vintage letterforms. Simon’s work is extremely easy on the eyes.
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT COLIN'S OTHER ONLINE PLATFORMS!
Stay updated with Lettering Daily, enable notifications and never miss a new post!