WHO ARE WE?
Lettering Daily is an online community that provides educational and inspirational content on the topic of hand lettering and calligraphy (art and design).
Our mission is to help artists and enthusiasts from all around the world to learn and improve their hand lettering and calligraphy skills.
Our website address is: https://www.lettering-daily.com
General Regulation means regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural party regarding the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation);
European Union means the European Union’s institutions, bodies, offices, and agencies set up by, or based on, the TEU, the TFEU or the Euratom Treaty;
Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
Consent means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the Data Subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of Personal Data relating to him or her.
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
Data Subject means a person whose Personal Data is processed, and whose identity identified or identifiable; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
Recipient means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the Personal Data are disclosed, whether a Third party or not;
Third party means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the Data Subject, Controller, Processor and party who, under the direct authority of the Controller or Processor, are authorized to process Personal Data;
International organization means an organization and its subordinate bodies governed by public international law, or any other body which is set up by, or based on an agreement between two or more countries;
This is all recording to Article 6.1 (e) (EU) 2016/679
European Parliament and Council Regulation from March 27th 2016 on the protection of individuals regard to the processing of personal data and processing it.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM DATA SUBJECTS
Usual data collected by us is:
- IP address – We collect IP addresses only for comments to prevent spam; Google analytics – IP is anonymized.
- Cookies –
What are cookies – Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website and then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize your device. You can find out more about cookies and their uses by visiting the following link – https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
(c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
Cookies that we collect –
Cookies from advertisers and affiliates –
- Amazon Associates – “Lettering Daily is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases”. Furthermore, Amazon may collect information from visitors using cookies. Amazon’s privacy notice – https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=aw?ie=UTF8&nodeId=468496
- Skillshare: https://www.skillshare.com/privacy
- Fontself: https://community.fontself.com/privacy
- Design cuts: https://www.designcuts.com/privacy-policy/
Notice! – We also use a variety of social networks throughout the website and they also collect their own cookies. You can see the list of the networks by scrolling further below.
- email address – We collect email addresses through Mailerlite when you sign up for the newsletter and the Lettering Crate/the resource library.
We also collect email addresses when you submit a comment (when you leave a comment) and the contact form (when you send us an email via the contact form).
- on contact form – name and email address.
- other data – message content (if it contains any personal data)
- Data subjects on our Social Networks:
We are using the following social networks for promoting our business activities: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Giphy.
We are in the position of a Joint Controller together with social network platforms when processing your Personal Data (collected when visiting our social networks). Social network platforms process your Personal Data in accordance with their own Privacy Policies.
We are collecting a minimum of your Personal Data when visiting our social networks. We only collect a number of visitors as a statistic data for the purpose of tracking popularity of our account on respective social network.
You can find more about Privacy Policies of each social network platform on the following links:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation,
- Pinterest: https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/402411646841720
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/privacy
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/about/policies/#community-guidelines
- Giphy: https://support.giphy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032872931-GIPHY-Privacy-Policy
ACCESS TO COLLECTED DATA:
We treat your Personal Data with confidentiality. We protect them in accordance with applicable legal regulations and practices. Third parties have a right to access and process your Personal Dana only if legally necessary ( as competent authority, as a Controller, as a Processor )
To provide an adequate level of data protection, we undertake actions that are reasonable and effective, considering the sensitivity of Personal Data we process and the risk of unauthorized access and processing.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Google analytics – 26 months
Comments – 14 to 19 days – for spam comments. For real (non-spam) comments indefinite (until a user requests to be removed)
Cloudflare – 29 days
Contact – indefinite until users ask to be removed.
Email – You are free to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time you wish to do so.Emails collected from contact forms and comments are kept indefinitely until the user asks to be removed.
TRANSFER TO THIRD COUNTRIES OR INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS:
We usually don’t do transfers to third countries and international organizations in our everyday business. In situations where we are legally obliged to transfer your Personal Data to third countries or international organizations, we ensure an adequate level of data protection. In such situations, we have to justify such a transfer (requesting your explicit consent and applying additional safeguards prescribed by the General Regulation).
PROFILING AND DECISION MAKING:
With your consent (newsletter), we will notify you about new offers based on your interests and during it we collect your personal data ( see Data subjects – link ). You have the right to unsubscribe at any point of time. For any questions you can always contact us.
YOUR RIGHTS :
The Right of Access to Your Personal Data
You have the right to obtain a confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed, as well as access to your Personal Data. You have the right to access the following information:
- the purposes of processing,
- the categories of your Personal Data,
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom your Personal Data has been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations,
- retention periods regarding your Personal Data,
- the existence of your rights to erasure, rectification, restriction of processing, the right to object and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority,
- the existence of automated decision-making (including profiling) and meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as envisaged consequences of such processing,
- where personal data is transferred to third countries or international organizations, information of the appropriate safeguards taken for such transfer,
- where your Personal Data is not collected from you, any available information about the source of your Personal Data.
The Right to Rectification of Inaccurate Personal Data
You have the right to request the rectification of your incorrect Personal Data, as well as the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed. If you are exercising this right, you must prove the inaccuracy or incompleteness of your Personal Data (for example, attaching supporting documentation etc.).
The Right to Erasure
You have the right to request an erasure of your Personal Data, where one of the following grounds applies:
- your Personal Data is no longer necessary,
- you withdraw the consent on which the processing is based,
- you object to the processing,
- your Personal Data is unlawfully processed,
- your Personal Data must be erased for the compliance with a legal obligation under EU Law or our national law.
We will make your Personal Data unusable in a manner that prevents anyone from accessing, reading out and processing your Personal Data. We will inform you about the technique used for erasing your Personal Data.
The Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to request the restriction of processing your Personal Data. The restriction of processing does not relate to the retention period of your Personal Data. Methods used for restriction could include the following:
- temporarily moving your Personal Data to another processing system,
- making your Personal Data unavailable for usage,
- temporarily removing published Personal Data from our website.
The Right to Data Portability
You have the right to request the transfer of your Personal Data when the processing is based on your consent or on a contract and is carried out by automated means. You have the right for your Personal Data to be transmitted directly from us to another Controller, if it is technically feasible. However, exercising your right should not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
The right to Object about the Processing of Your Personal Data
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your Personal Data, relating to your particular situation, necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the purpose of our legitimate interest. Objecting to the processing has an effect only on the future processing activities, unless you are objecting about the direct marketing, which takes effect immediately.
The Right to Withdraw the Consent
At any time, you have the right to withdraw the consent for the further processing of your Personal Data. The withdrawal of the consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal.
The Right to Complain
You have the right to complain to the competent body (here) for the protection of Personal Data in relation with processing and protection of Your Personal Data.